Sunday, April 22, 2012

In Praise of the Black Yoga Pant


***This post is for my colleague, friend, and fellow yoga pant-enthusiast, Lindsey***

Ok, while this isn't really related to teaching, I just needed to take a moment to sing the praises of one of my fashion obsessions as of late--the black yoga pant. 

I currently own 3 pairs, including the one pictured above, and let's be honest-- I rarely do yoga in them.  What do I do while wearing them?  Umm, let's see:  Run errands, clean the house, go to Starbucks, lounge around, and yes, I'll confess--  I've even rocked them at work a time (or seven....)  Pair 'em with my too-cute & ultra-comfy black Merrell's, do some layering with a cami and long-sleeved T, wrap a stylish scarf, and top it all of with a vest ('cause you know it's still chilly up here on the prairie) and voila!  While most days I'm pretty dressed up--heels and all-- some mornings, you just can't do it.  My yoga pants are my go-to for a comfy, yet not sloppy way, to get through a bad case of the "Monday's".  Or "Thursday's".  Or whichever day has me dragging the most during the week!

So, what's your "survival outfit" for a rough week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment