Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Balance. And by that I mean I spent...

...the better part of today with an iced coffee in one hand and a precious 3 year-old's hand in the other.

I feel totally motivated to get up each morning and work in my classroom(s), work on some new lessons/units, and pretty much do my prep work for the upcoming school year.  But then, all the motivation/creativity (insanity maybe?)  hits me all at once and I. feel. frozen.  It's like there's too much swirling around in my brain to just stay focused on one thing at a time and get them done. 

And then I realize I have a few more projects I want to finish around the house before summer's over.  Summer's over?  Oh my word--summer's quickly disappearing!  I better get going on school work!  Wait--NO!  Finish house projects.  Wait--NO!  Ignore house, ignore school--play with daughter.  Daughter wins.   

I can panic about the house and school each and every mid-summer.  Little Miss will only be little once.

Daughter wins, everytime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment